Friday, October 10, 2014

Transfer 3

The only rain I've seen in Cabo Verde
It rained for an hour - the children loved it!



Hey
 !
Well, Iºm officially done being trained! Yaya! Haha :) Actualy, I really liked the 12 week training probram.they have for the field Itºs really good. :)
And... so... new transfer. And General Conference! WE watched the General Womenºs meeting yesterday from 5-6:30 ior so, and it was good, really good... goingmore from teh revelations I received durin gthe talks. I ned to listen to them in English. :) Especially Pres. Uchtdorfºs talk, because we received transferr calls in the middle of this stalk and I had a hard time focusing on the talk after that. :) Sorry this computer is super slow so Iºm sure I have like a billion typos... but it will just have to stay that way . :) Donºt worry, I had good reason to be so disteracted. But his talk was super great, from what I was ablt to get. Man, Iºm excited to listen to them again! And I loved the focus on the temple! Man, I miss the temple.
Okay, okay, enough with the suspense. TRANSFER CALLS! The other sisters here, Sisters Walker and Santos, got the call first. Then he asked to talk to us. Sister Santos is getting transferred, and Sis. Pina is getting transferred to the otehr area in Porto Novo to be a Sister Training Leader with Sis. Walker. And... I will stay in this area. But as a senior compaion. Iºll recieve a mmini-missionary or a missionary awaiting her vis. WE donºt know yet.
So, Iºm going to be training another missionary, basically. CRAZY! IIt wonºt be exactly like training, ut I wil bedoing the 12-week program with her. And he said this was susper rare, but htey have total confidence in me and great expectations for me in the future, or something like that... I had trobule remembering everything he said because I was reaeling from the information that Iºll be senior companion!
Anyway, this week was great. We were preparing Lenine and Lily to be baptized, but Lenine was having problems with the Law of Chastity. We had some great lessons with him about it, but he still seemed confused or unprepared. So, we ended up having a lesson completely different from what we had planned to teach him about. We ended up sharing the story of the 2000 stripling warriors and really letting the Spirit direct the lesson and speak to him. Then we committed him to go home and pray about whether he felt ready to be baptized. He did so, and felt like he needed more time. It was a really good experience... really cool to see the Spirit guide us and to help us make sure we were helping him prepare to be baptized, and not just get baptized before he was really prepared.
Lily was also having problems with the law of chastity, but only because she had a tongue piercing. It had been her dream as a little girl to get her tongue pierced, so taking out that piercing was a big step of faith. We had a lesson with her on Tuesday, and she still had it in, but thanks to the Spirit guiding not only Sister Pina and me, but also two future missionaries named Gil and Clovis, we had a super powerful lesson about following the commandments and doing what the Lord asks us to do. She took out the piercing right there in our lesson, and gave it to Clovis so she wouldnºt be tempted to put it back in. Man, it was so cool! She was baptized on Saturday, and she is so amazing. So humble, and with a simple but strong testimony already. I feel so priviledged to help her prepare to be baptized!  
Yep, so this week was really good. I am going to miss being companions with Sister Pina, but I know that this is the Lordºs will. I donºt feel prepared to be a senior companion, but I will do my best. I know I will grow a LOT and learn a lot about trusting in the Lord, and Iºm sure Iºll learn other things, too. Man, I love this Gospel! I love being a missionary! Iºve learned so much from Sister Pina, and I learned some good things from Sister Santos when we were companions while Sister Pina and Sister Walker were in Sao Vicente. Iºm always learning, and I love that part about a mission... almost as much as I love being able to help people and see the light of the Gospel touch their hearts and change their lives.
I feel very humbled and priviledged that the Lord trusts me enough to put me in a new area for only three weeks and then give me a mini-missionary or visa-waiter my third transfer. I will do my best. I know with the Lord I can do all things, but this will really stretch me. But thatºs a good thing. :)
Love, Sister Zimbelman

No comments:

Post a Comment