Thursday, March 5, 2015

God is Good


2/16/2015
Bom dia família!

Well, we got 59 contacts this week. Slowly but surely, we´re going to get 70 every week!
This week was just great! It started on a great note, and ended on a good note, too. Monday evening, we went to Mindelo for Zone Conference Tuesday morning. Wow, Zone Conference was just amazing! Sis. Mathews gave a training about the Plan of Salvation, and she talked about agency, our identity as children of God, the Atonement, and Satan´s rebellion and how each of these things are present in the pre-mortal life, our life on earth, and after death. It was incredible. Pres. Mathews gave a training about the Atonement. Wow, I love the Atonement! It was so nice to remember about the Atonement and strengthen my testimony of that amazing gift. I have made a goal to study the Atonement more frequently. I used to do that, but then I felt like I should be using my time better studying for investigators. But, in reality, if I spend time every day learning about the Atonement, I will be able to help more people understand the Atonement better and I will be able to bear stronger testimony of it.
Well, the training started early and ended in time for us to go back to Santo Antão Tuesday night by Fast Ferry... psych! We got to the port, only to learn that the Fast Ferry had gone to Praia (I have no idea WHY), and wouldn´t be getting back until Wednesday afternoon. So, we ended up staying an extra night in the sisters´ house in Mindelo, doing contacts in their area, and going back by the normal boat Wednesday morning. It was disappointing to miss lessons and have to figure out study time in the morning, but we got home. It probably was so that we could contact someone and help them find the Gospel, or plant some seeds.
Also, because there wasn´t a boat, we were contacting on the way to the bus station, and we ran into Dirce, my recent convert from Sal! It was so great to see her! She´s in Mindelo for some health reasons, and she said she´s going to find the church there. :) Wow, she´s so awesome. :)
Let´s see... I think the most incredible thing that happened this week was... Stenio got baptized! :) YAY!!! :) He´s so incredible. So converted!
He called his mom to tell her that he would be getting baptized. He didn´t need permission, but he wanted her to know and to support him. Well, she basically told him that he shouldn´t do it because his godmother was a big help and support to her when Stenio was born (and would get angry? I´m not sure). But he is incredible. He prayed about it, and decided that he still wanted to get baptized. And he was so excited! He told us he feels so different now. He was truly converted.
And now he´s going to help his friend, who is going to be baptized this Saturday, become active!
We lost track of Stenio for a while, because he didn´t come to one of our lessons and his phone was off, but we found him in his aunt´s house (thank goodness we´re friends with all his cousins!). He is really forgetful, but his testimony is so strong. I´m so grateful that we got to teach him! He´s so humble and so amazing.
Also this week, we had a noite de sobremesa for someone who actually lives in our area! WOW!!! Ravi, is his friend, and his name is Ronny. He is interested in religion, and accepted a baptismal date for March! He is super awesome and wants to learn all about the Gospel. We´re excited to see what happens. :)
Well, that´s about it. I love this work. I love the Lord, and I am so grateful to be serving the Lord as His missionary! I love this Gospel. It is amazing. Love you all!
Love,
Sister Zimbelman

No comments:

Post a Comment